What is Binary?
Don’t worry if it doesn’t make sense yet…
Let’s look at an example to clarify this..
3. Because it’s a base 2 system, each digit is 2 to the power of (n). (n) refers to the placement of the number.
4. A binary number is pretty much telling us whether or not we are using that value
5. The 1 value tells us we are using that value (represented by green checkmarks) & the 0 value tell us we are not using that value (represented by red X’s).
6. The first digit in this example is representing that the value 2 to the power of 0 is ON
7. The second digit (2 to the power of 1) is OFF so the value is 0.
Let’s represent those 2 values in our drawing..
Let’s calculate the rest of the values & add the ones that are ON together…
What we just did can be represented in the following equation:
If Binary is just a counting system, what do people mean when they want to write something in Binary?
Let’s take a look at our previous example..
Let’s try another example:
Now that we deciphered the two letters above let’s take a look at the following example & read what it says:
01011001 01101111 01101100 01101111
Since we already looked at the breakdown for some of these binary letters, we only have one 8 digit binary letter left — the third one, which comes out to a lowercase l.
If you read the word it spells out…
Hope this helped you learn how to read binary :) Happy Coding!
There were many updates brought by ES6. One of the Syntax updates introduced was the concept of declaring variables with let andconst instead of var
To understand whylet & constwere introduced, we must first understand how var works & the concept of hoisting → That being said, here are the 5 questions we will cover in order:
I get a ton of questions regarding the coding books I read to my 15 month old son, specifically on my Instagram.
Since I have purchased quite a few, here are my top 4 coding book suggestions for babies/young kids:
A great introduction to basic coding and web concepts for children in the form of the alphabet!
Introduces basic coding concepts in an engaging...
I recently passed the AWS Solutions Architect Associate Exam and would like to share some of the resources I used to study for the exam. I used 2 different online courses to study, did the labs included with those courses, & took a few practice tests.
Background: My goal when studying was to really understand and be able to use what I learned on the job. I currently work as a web developer so I do...
10% Off Your First Order!
Use Coupon Code HIGHFIVE