Stories by Linda Vivah on Medium — coding
There were many updates brought by ES6. One of the Syntax updates introduced was the concept of declaring variables with let andconst instead of var
To understand whylet & constwere introduced, we must first understand how var works & the concept of hoisting → That being said, here are the 5 questions we will cover in order:
- HOW DOES VAR...
I get a ton of questions regarding the coding books I read to my 15 month old son, specifically on my Instagram.
Since I have purchased quite a few, here are my top 4 coding book suggestions for babies/young kids:
A great introduction to basic coding and web concepts for children in the form of the alphabet!
Introduces basic coding concepts in an engaging...
What is Binary?
- Binary is nothing more than a System of Counting
- Everything in a computer’s brain comes down 0’s & 1’s
- Binary existed before computers
- Binary is an ON or OFF counting system, all or nothing. ‘1’ represents ON, ‘0’ represents OFF.
- Because each digit in binary can have 2 values, the base is 2 (see the example below for...
If you are wondering what Node.js is and what makes it so great, you came to the right place.
I will start out by (1)briefly introducing Node.js, (2) building a ‘hello world’ app, and then (3) explaining the concepts within the app to get a better understanding of Node.js fundamentals.
(4) I will also touch base on what Express is and (5)...
Closures are an important concept and many employers ask about this very concept on interviews. In this article, I will help you gain a better understanding of closures.
WHAT IS A CLOSURE?